Since the game’s release we have been monitoring bug reports and have prepped a series of fixes in response to these. After the Easter break we will complete the testing of these fixes and release a first Patch. This will contain the fixes listed below:
- Prevent unfeasibly short leaderboard entries
- Fix for 2 Crash bugs, 1 in the menus on Xbox and 1 in game on all platforms
- Prevent AI shooting past the player at super sonic speed
- Prevent AI speed not being capped when you’re in Takedown Camera (hence why they speed past you)
- Ensure Aftertouch Takedowns give you the advantage they should (not reset at back)
- Ensure laps always register on Hypercar Heatwave event on Desert Marathon
- Stop AI always crashing at start of Island Lighthouse track
- Minimise player getting reset being persistent wrecks after a Crash
- Ensure it is possible to get Platinum medal on Formula DD Survival Event
Exact timing will depend on submission through Sony and Microsoft. We currently estimate the patch will be live during the week of April 29th.
After Easter we will also publish a roadmap of other updates and fixes, including fixes for bad collisions and the addition of 6 player online play.
“I’ve found a bug”
“I’ve got a Feature Request”
“When is Online Racing coming”
“Where is Crash mode”
Answering your questions is really important to us. However we’re a small team of just 7 people and we’ve received more messages in the last week than we could ever answer individually. On this page we will maintain a list of frequently asked questions and known issues. This is the best place to find out the most up to date information on Dangerous Driving and get your questions answered. Please check back regularly as we are updating it on a daily basis.
We have prioritised the issues reported by the most players and will be releasing a first patch very soon (see panel on the left). Thank you to everyone who sent in bug reports and videos. Whilst these bugs are far from ideal they do not happen for everyone and that’s why we needed the help of the wider community to track them down.
The Known Issues below are the other issues we are continuing to look into.
After Easter we will release a roadmap of updates, just like we did on Danger Zone 2 which we supported for a full 6 months post launch.
Your Questions Answered
We plan to release a first patch as soon as possible after Easter. See list of fixes above.
A roadmap will be published at the same time covering plans for subsequent patches and for online play.
The first major content update will be the addition of online play. This will be a FREE content update.
If you have found an issue with Dangerous Driving we want to know! Please fill out the form HERE.
However please do check whether it is already listed in the Top 5 issues above or the Known Issues list to the right.
We are a tiny team and due to the volume of emails we are receiving its just not possible for us to answer them all personally. However rest assured that we ARE reading them all.
To those of you writing to say how much you love the game – thank you! We really appreciate all these messages and have been overwhelmed by your support.
If you have a bug to report please use the form HERE
The digital version is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via the Epic Games store).
RRP: £24.99 | $29.99 | €29.99
Check out our BUY page for more details
Available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One distributed by Maximum Games. RRP £29.99 | $39.99 | €39.99
The VIP Sedan was a special car we created for digital pre order customers.
It is no longer available.
We are selling the game via the Humble Store and the store is now live.
We do not have any plans to release the game on Steam or any other store at this time.
The non race events are the ones that have Platinum medals.
These are Survival, Road Rage, Pursuit and Shakedown.
There are 27 (28 with the VIP Sedan from the digital pre order).
One (the base Sedan) is open at the start (unless you have a digital pre order in which case you also will have the VIP Sedan at the start) and the rest you unlock through play.
Certain car types are tuned to specific events which you can read about HERE.
…. There will be online racing. We are working on it right now and we will release it as FREE DLC very soon.
There is no local i.e. split screen multiplayer.
On the PlayStation4 Pro Dangerous Driving runs at 1080p 60 fps. The base PlayStation runs at 1080p 30 fps
On the Xbox One X Dangerous Driving runs at 1440p 60 fps. The base Xbox One runs at 1080p 30 fps
All of the vehicles (excluding the VIP Sedan) count towards the Trophy/Achievement – including the pursuit vehicles.
However we added the supercar cop very late in the development (after we had implemented all the Trophies/Achievements)… as a result you can get the Achievement/Trophy by driving the miles in all but one car (it doesn’t matter which one it is).
The music in Dangerous Driving is delivered via Spotify. Follow ‘Three Fields’ to see our dream playlist.
We have long believed that racing games shouldn’t have just one soundtrack. Music, especially the music you drive to, is incredibly personal – and changes based on your mood. It would be hard to have just one soundtrack that suited all players in all those moments. (Even if it was possible it would be beyond the budget of an independent developer.)
That’s why we love things like Spotify’s ‘Songs to listen to in the car’, a smart playlist which picks music for you based on the music you already like to listen to – its personal for everybody.
Whilst Spotify has existed on console for a while not everyone remembers to go set it up and also you have to either control it from another device or keep exiting the game to change track etc. Its not integrated. You’ll be able to authorise it from within the Audio Menu and from then on you’ll be able to control your music from within the game. And the current implementation is, we hope, just the start of a fully featured integration which includes gameplay triggered music!
Currently you’ll need to go out to the Spotify app on the device you’re playing on e.g. PlayStation4 or Xbox / PC to choose the playlist but this is something that we hope to integrate even further in the future. Once the playlist is selected then you can skip tracks forward and back and pause the music in game.
You will need a Spotify Premium account to access this but you can get a 1 month free trial so we highly recommend you check it out.
Follow ‘Three Fields’ to see our dream playlist.
No we do not currently have steering wheel support. It is something we are looking at but as we are a very small team we are currently all focussed on making the online play. Check back here for more update.
Our advice is to be sure you are using a Tuned car which you will need to unlock by doing other events (the ticker tells you which).
Tuned cars are best for Heatwave as they earn, burn and chain boost quicker and you get a 2mph speed increase for every successful chain.
See our blog post about the Vehicles for more info on this.
Traffic checking is not a feature in the game. Traffic is fatal though you should be able to glance off most vehicles and get away with it
Note: we have seen cases of you not crashing when you should and we are looking into this.
We already made two games in this genre – Danger Zone and Danger Zone 2. Check out the other pages of this web site for more info.
Other Known Issues
- Collision Issues –there are cases where the player’s car should crash (because they hit something at 200 mph+) and they’re not – leading to bad physics reactions such as the player getting spun 360 degrees or other bad collisions. We expect to have a fix for this soon – check back for more info after Easter.
- Getting stuck in an infinite loop with the car respawning and crashing – this is because you have been reset outside the race track. We are in the process of implementing a more elegant solution.
- Frame rate stutters in the Point to Point Tunnels – in the 9 Point to Point course we join 2 and sometimes 3 completely separate locations together. When we load in a new level we do it in a tunnel whilst the player is travelling at speeds often in excess of 200mph. As a result a brief 1 second stutter may occur. We are continuing to look at whether it is possible to eradicate the stutter.
- Xbox One Disk Version auto installs Danger Zone 2, not Dangerous Driving – This occurs on Xbox & appears to have been a problem incurred during manufacturing so unfortunately we have no control over it. The workaround is you must pause the Danger Zone 2 install & then you will be able to install Dangerous Driving.
- Pre Order VIP Sedan not unlocking on Xbox – We have heard reports that this may have happened to a few people. If you pre ordered the Xbox digital version and do not have the VIP Sedan please fill in the bug submission form so we can investigate.
- “Arrows Point the Wrong way” – we had a debate about this during development – these arrows point the right way for the road, i.e. they are in-world/real life road accessories not race direction markers.
- Struggling to drift on PC using the WASD keyboard controls – we are looking into this but advice from one reddit user: “I found that using W for acceleration space for boost and left,right keys for turning and down arrow for brake works perfectly”
- Leaderboards not updating on PS4 – Sometimes it can take Sony’s servers around 10-20 minutes to update. Check back again later and you should see it has updated.
- Traffic driving both ways on the split road sections – the crazy fools!
- Pausing the game while using the look back camera – after resuming the game, the rear camera locks (you have to manually change it back)