The Third Party, Fire and Theft update which adds online play has been released on all platforms!
UPDATE: The PC version launched June 14th and includes everything listed below but ALSO includes a heap off fixes which are part of the ‘Fully Comp’ update. See details below.
The Third Party Fire and Theft update adds:
- 6 player online racing (see our blog post HERE which details everything you need to know about online play details.)
- Ability to raise the camera on the right stick
- Save player’s last paint choice per car
- Increase the amount of Boost earnt from Air
- Add HUD scaling on PC to fix issues reported with running the game at different resolutions
- Fix Xbox One Leaderboards ‘Top’ filter never loading on the Results screen
The PC update also includes:
- Host of improvements to physics and collisions including:
- Improve collision after a Takedown to reduce the likelihood of the player car intersecting the road and spinning rapidly, before being reset to the track
- Reduce the likelihood of player car going underneath a rival and being forced through the road
- Reduce the likelihood of getting launched into the air as a result of ramming a rival
- Reduce the likelihood of being spawned facing the wrong way after a collision
- Improve collision with barriers to address the situation where the player car gets lifted up or stuck and being spun around
- Improve the consistency of collisions with traffic – traffic is now always fatal (we have slightly reduced the amount of traffic to accommodate this)
- Fix an issue at the U turn on the Hypercar Class Shakedown event where players get stuck in a crash/respawn /crash loop
- Improve how player is reset on track after a crash
- Save Sensitivity options – previously resets each time the game was relaunched
- Remove reset on the right stick camera movement. It will instead reset when you crash or restart.
- Upgrade to latest Unreal Engine for slightly improved graphical performance
- Fix for Pursuit vehicles taking each other down and ending the event early.
- Fix for Wrecks not getting cleared up online
- Make it easier to find games online – introduce option to browse games
These fixes and improvements will be coming to console very soon, currently estimated to be June 25th.
There are 2 known issues on console which are currently being fixed :
- On PlayStation – the second half of a Point to Point track won’t always load in and you can get caught in a crash loop. UPDATE: This has been fixed by a PS4 update on June 18th
- On PlayStation and Xbox – the vehicle stats and mileage have disappeared from the car select. The workaround is to check your mileage on the in game speedo whilst we prep a fix.